Thursday, September 15, 2011

Monkey Bread Made Even Monkier

Saturday's game is early. 12:30pm to be exact. And well, I love early games because breakfast tailgating is my absolute favorite!!! Breakfast = #1 meal of the day.

For this weekend, I am making 3 dishes. My spicy breakfast casserole, my breakfast punch, and my monkey bread. You can get all these recipes here.


Since its my first home game I am attending, and probably the hardest home game of the year, I am going to spice up my monkey bread by adding bruleed bananas.



I am going to use a Pillsbury product. You can do this with biscuits, BUT it tends to come out a little doughy for my taste. I like the flakyness you get with Pillsbury. If you are looking for that, but don't want to buy something processed (I know I know), try playing around with puff pastry. It is whatever suits you. Another note: since I am taking this to a tailgate, I decided to cut the biscuits into cubes. This way, people can cut pieces of the bread, hopefully, in theory, making it last longer than just taking a single biscuit.

2 cans Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
2 bananas
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar for brulee


Preheat oven to 375 (directions on the biscuit can). Roll the biscuits in granulated sugar and cut into fourths using a pair of kitchen scissors. Place in a large baking dish (large enough to fit them all, but not too big that the biscuits don't touch each other). Mix walnuts, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Sprinkle generously over biscuits. Pour the butter over the biscuits. On a separate dish, take your bananas and slice them into rounds. Sprinkle with sugar. If you have a torch, torch the bananas until they get brown on top. If not, you can also put the bananas in a heat-proof bowl and broil them for a few minutes until crispy and browned. Place the bruleed bananas on top of the bread and bake for 14 minutes or until no longer doughy. Make sure to not over bake as Pillsbury biscuits can burn quickly.

I will be adding photos after Saturday's game! Enjoy.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 UPDATE: The Bruins lost, but it was still an amazing time!!!


Teaching Jacob a thing or two about football

UCLA Athletics at its finest


No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...