Friday, September 30, 2011

Restaurant Review: Henry's Hat


Henry's Hat is one of the most amazing places in LA, bar none. I have been there many a time, and just always had the best experience on a food and fun level. The actual location  is in Studio City right across from Universal Studios on Cuhenga. You can find it here. This sport is perfect for those that live in the valley, because its not far. Its also great for those in West Hollywood or Hollywood, because with the 101 being right there, its... not far. In fact, I would travel a LONG time to eat here.

Let me explain.

This place has amazing food. This place has amazing cocktails. This place has amazing specials. And this place has board games. Yes, board games.

While you eat dinner, come for brunch, get a drink after work, you are able to play any of these games at the table: Chess, Checkers, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Twister, Boggle, Dominos, Jenga, Connect 4, Rummikub, Taboo, Risk, Battle Ship, Backgammon, Balderdash, Cards, Scattegories, Clue, Battle of the Sexes, Candyland, Uno, and Wii. Yes... any of those games. My personal favorite is to play Jenga. Its so suspenseful, especially with the loud CRASH when the blocks fall.

Nicole posing with the blocks
Jenga teetering on its last leg!
Now that we have the games under control, let's talk about the food. Which is all REALLY good. I haven't had one thing there I did not like, and I have tried most of the menu. In fact, some of their items are my favorites anywhere in LA. Like....

The Brushcetta
Heirloom Tomato Bruscetta on Warm Sourdough Bread with Basil Pesto and Balsamic Reduction
Sounds simple right? It is simple and done so right! There are a bevy of fresh, colorful tomatoes on top of this great bread with this balsamic which is rich and sweet and sticky and everything you want. I honestly could not contain my excitement last night when me and my boyfriend ordered it... take a look for yourself!


Smothered in tomatoes and balsamic

The Hot Wings
Spicy Chicken Wings with Chile De Arbol Sauce
These are the best wings I have ever had. And what they don't mention, is they serve them with homemade Ranch and Blue Cheese that are unlike any other dipping sauce you have tasted. You have to try these if you are a wing fan.

The Macaroni and Cheese
Ultimate Mac n Cheese - Seven Cheeses, Baked to Order with Crispy Bread Crumbs
You can get this as a side or entree. It is so delicious, that even if I don't order it as an entree I ALWAYS get a side too.


The Prosciutto Appetizer 
Proscuitto with Burrata Cheese, Grilled Sourdough, Marinated Olives and Pesto
I love Burrata cheese. It is just so delicious, especially with the balance of the salty pig prosciutto. The first time I had this was last night and it will be on my repeat list. The ingredients were so fresh and perfect. This was Jacob's favorite dish... see for yourself!

Mmmmmmmm

The entrees are just as delicious. I can't post a review about all of them because this blog post will never end. If you have a question on their food and would like a recommendation, please ask! I will say one thing... Henry's Hat has GREAT Happy Hour, pre-fix menus all the time (who can beat pay 28 bucks for a appetizer, entree and desert???), and 7 day a week bottomless drinks. The place also has plenty of TVs, so the sports enthusiast can watch a game.


Just please, do me a favor... go there!!! You won't regret it.
Here are some of my other favorite dishes:



Mushroom and Spinach Florentine
with Sundried Tomatoes on English Muffins with Poached Eggs and Hollandaise and Breakfast Potatoes


Fried Egg Sandwich
  Fried Eggs, Bacon, Guacamole, Tomato, Cheddar, and Arugula served with Breakfast Potatoes
The Sangria: Mulled Red wine with Brandy and Fruit. It is so good. We got a bowl, which is about 6 short glasses.
Warm Peach Crisp with Milk Creamery Vanilla Ice Cream
The Mission and 24th Burger (Bacon, Pepperjack Cheese, Jalapenos, Grilled Onions, and Avocado) and The Black and Blue (Balsamic Onions, Sauteed Crimini Mushrooms, Danish Blue Cheese and Arugula)


HAPPY GRUBBIN' AND PLAYIN'

Henry's Hat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...