Monday, October 17, 2011

Curried Pumpkin Seeds, etc

I did a similar post to this one last year. My recipe is good, but this recipe from epicurious.com is REALLY good. Why? Because it is spicy and also adds this citrus flavor that is just so delicious. This was another recipe sent to me by my amazing friend Shira who obviously knows what I like. So this year, instead of making the same old boring pumpkin seed snack, try this! You will thank me.


This recipe was followed exactly except for one thing, the lime juice. I did not have any on hand, so I used lemon juice.


Curried Pumpkin Seeds
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 ounces hulled pumpkin seeds (about 2 1/2 cups)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment; spray with nonstick spray. Whisk egg white, lime juice, and oil in large bowl.


Add next 4 ingredients; whisk. Add pumpkin seeds; toss.


Transfer to baking sheet, spreading evenly.


Bake until toasted and fragrant, stirring often, about 24 minutes. Cool on sheet. Do ahead: Can be made 5 days ahead. Store toasted seeds airtight at room temperature.

I also made 2 other seeds that night (I mean, I have 10 people carving pumpkins at my house. That is a lot of seeds). The recipes are below, quick and easy. I eyeballed everything so I don't have exact measurements.


Garlic Pumpkin seeds- Coat seeds with olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed garlic. Bake at 350 on a baking sheet until toasty.


Sticky Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Seeds- Coat seeds with vegetable oil. Add sugar and cinnamon, enough to generously coat. Add a few pinches of salt. Bake at 350 on a baking sheet until toasty and sugar is non granulated.

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...