Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rosemary Steak Fries

I went against my previous post and instead of baking a cake, I baked fries. And I am so happy with that decision. Usually, I like thin fries, crispy, delicious, oily... bad for you. For tonight, I chose to do steak fries. With rosemary. And they are were so good.


This recipe makes a heaping pile of fries for two people. It was only me and my honey for dinner tonight.

2 Russet Potatoes (about 5 inches long)
4 tbs olive oil
1tbs dried rosemary
1 tbs garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a cookie sheet. Next, place a large skillet on the stove, turn on medium high, and add the olive oil. Cut the potatoes in half. Lay them face down on the cutting board, and then cut each half into 6 slices. Just cut down on the potato starting at the ends.


If you don't like potato skin, you can peel the potatoes. I happen to like the skin. When the olive oil is hot, place the potatoes into the oil.


Once in the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the rosemary and garlic powder. Move the potatoes around so each gets coated in spices. Cook until the potatoes are beginning to get soft and golden brown.


Once semi golden, place on the cookie sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is done, flip each fry and bake for 5 more minutes.


When done, take out of the oven. Eat with ketchup or your other favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!

My fries accompanied our burgers that evening. Yum!

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...