Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Green Spinach Smoothie

Yes... I am pureeing vegetables. And drinking them. And I LOVE IT!

I have to admit, I am stealing this recipe from my dad. He started a whole bunch of smoothies and other health conscious items for the yoga-pant-wearing-but-I-never-work out- moms in Los Angeles for his cafe. I've mentioned it before, but I am going to hawk it again. Its called Cafe Midi and its so good. The green smoothie he makes though, is phenominal. I make it and drink it at least 2 times a week. And when you aren't feeling quiet yourself, this is what you need to drink.

1 cup ice
1 banana
1 1/2 cups spinach (baby spinach works best)
1 cup lemonade (not from concentrate)

This recipe is simple... throw it all in the blender. Well sort of. Place a whole banana into the bottom of your blender.



Next, throw in the ice.


Add the spinach on top of the ice and banana. It looks like a lot, but trust me its not overwhelming.


Lastly, pour over the lemonade.


Turn the blender on medium and get the ice moving. Once the ice is ground up a bit, shake the blender to start bringing everything else down towards the blade. Blend until everything is incorporated and you see a smooth stream of liquid repeatedly flowing in and out of the blades and through the blender. This should be creamy.


Make one of these, and go on a hike. You will feel exhilarated. Spring is upon us, summer is coming up, and I am sure you work hard enough. Treat yourself, and treat your body. I understand you might be skeptical since spinach is a key factor to this drink. But don't be. The lemonade and the banana completely balance it out. Happy body, Happy mind, Happy life :)

NOTE: I intern for this amazing website called fitnesscenter.com. If you are into staying healthy, getting healthier, finding out about diets, about different kind of workouts... anything related to your body, you need to sign up for this site. I also intern for MIT Fitness USA, and we host FREE mixed intensive training classes in LA four times a week. If you are interested, please email me at thingsimakeinmykitchen.com or leave a comment.

Little punk got tired. Don't worry, he's a 10 pound weight :)

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...