Saturday, February 25, 2012

Turkey Bacon BLT with Mission Figs and Heirloom Tomato


I spent my morning treating my dog to an excursion at the dog park while I did homework. He was the cutest little pup running around and made another girlfriend named Kai. Such a ladies man. Deciding that I was #1 mommy this morning, lunch time was my treat time. I had already agreed upon busting out this applewood smoked turkey bacon I had got from Trader Joes. But, upon running out of mayo and having to get another jar from the cupboard, I saw them. My figs. My dried black mission figs. And then it hit me.

If you haven't noticed a theme by now, I ADORE (!!!!) salty and sweet together. It might be somewhat of a problem. But think about it; what better way to make your palette dance around in joy than to give it multiple sensations. Turkey bacon and figs? Cmon. It was a no brainer!

2 slices favorite bread, toasted
3 pieces Turkey Bacon
3 Dried Mission Figs
1 small- medium Heirloom Tomato
1 red onion round, sliced on the thinner side
1 tbs mayonnaise
1 handful arugula
2 toothpicks

Start by making sure yout bread is toasting and that your bacon has been crisped. I just turn my pan on medium high, place the turkey bacon in it for a minute or two on each side, and get it crispy.



Next, take your figs and slice them into strips. Cut a slice off of your red onion, and slice up the Heirloom tomato. Set aside


Once your toast is done, lay it onyour plate and apply the mayonnaise onto both sides. On one side, lay out the figs. Than with your knife, smash the figs onto the bottom half of the bread, tryign to get it to every corner of the toast.


Now, its time to start building. First, start by laying out the onion rings on top of the figs. Next, add the Heirloom tomato.


Cut your bacon slices in half (you should have 6 halves) and place on top of the tomato.



Lastly, add the handful arugula and place the other piece of toast on top.


Place 2 two toothpicks in the sandwich to secure it in place. Slice in half.


All thats left to do it eat!! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...