Thursday, October 13, 2011

Whiskey Spiked Hot Apple Cider

Its HALLOWEEN...Time to decorate the office!!!



Doesn't my desk look amazing?!!!

The lanyard I made on my computer
Now back to business :)
Last fall I included a recipe for my Spiced Apple Cider. You can find it here.

This blog post is short, as I wanted to add something to my previous post for those of us who are 21+.


When you have a fall party, don't be boring. Classics that you grew up with can be turned into great party items. I had someone in my office asking me the other day for party ideas, so I wanted to add this that I made last year for my Thanksgiving party.


Whiskey Spiked Hot Apple Cider
1 gallon apple cider (if you can't find cider, apple juice will do but just cut down on the added brown sugar)
10 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 liter of good Whiskey (add more if you feel it needs to be stronger; this can vary depending on how long you mull the spices)

Bring the cider to boil in a pot. Add the sugar and completely dissolve. Bring the cider down to a simmer and add the rest of the ingredients. Cover the pot and simmer for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes. Simmer longer for more intense flavor. Add the whiskey right before you are ready to serve, and let it simmer for another 10  minutes. Keep on the stove, on a very low temperature so your friends can serve themselves hot cider. Add a cinnamon stick in each glass for effect.

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...